- Hours: This role is full-time, working 40 hours a week. Travel is essential in this role, and you would be expected to occasionally represent the company at industry events which may take place on a weekend
- Location: Central England/Midlands, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive – DOE
- Start Date: Summer 2023
- Essential Requirements: 3+ years’ experience in sales in the pharmaceutical, health, or veterinary sector
This is more than just a sales position – the successful candidate must have a solid understanding of how a practice operates and what they need to thrive; this role requires knowledge of the full spectrum of issues affecting veterinary practices on a regular basis, including sales, staff issues, health plans, IT, and much more. This position’s responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Acquiring new customers in the Midlands/Central England area
- Assisting in the delivery and rollout of the organisation’s health plans service
- Supporting our existing members
- Maintaining relationships with partners and negotiating support deals
- Developing our sister companies within the membership, along with non-member practices
- Representing the company at events, utilising networking skills to form new partnerships
Required Experience & Skills
The successful candidate must be:
- Experienced within the veterinary industry, with direct experience in either veterinary practice, veterinary wholesale, or veterinary manufacturing
- Adaptable – this is crucial to success in the role, as the position covers so many areas of veterinary support
- Highly organised with good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently when required and as part of a team
- Passionate about the veterinary sector and animal welfare/agricultural sector
The successful candidate must have:
- An understanding of the veterinary and pharmaceuticals sector, including how medicinal products are purchased and sold
- 3+ years’ experience within the veterinary, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, or related industry
- Wholesale and/or sales experience
You will bring your own experiences to the role, where your input, opinions, and suggestions will always be listened to and valued. This role offers a high degree of autonomy, and you will help shape our activity as our team thrives on knowledge-sharing across all parts of the business.
Who will I be working for?
MerlinVet-cel is the country’s oldest Veterinary Buying Group servicing independent veterinary practices. MerlinVet-cel is much more than just a buying group though; we provide support for independent practices of all sizes across the UK, improving businesses’ profitability through competitive rebates and reduced administration costs. MerlinVet-cel is based in Kincardine, in the heart of Scotland. As this role is a mixture of home and field-based, you will occasionally be expected to travel to the office in Scotland.
MerlinVet-cel forms part of MerlinVet Group, which comprises a bespoke wholesaler, import/export business, buying group (MerlinVet-cel), health plan provider, and anaesthetic gas exposure monitoring service. By listening to the needs of vets we provide products, services, business solutions and support needed to run efficient and profitable practices. All parts of the Group work together to realise our ambitions.
- Competitive Salary (dependant on experience)
- Friendly and welcoming office, culture & team environment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company vehicle
- Computer & mobile phone
- Be part of an experienced team in an innovative and growing company
MerlinVet-cel is an equal opportunities employer, and we embrace the benefits that a diverse workforce brings. We welcome applications regardless of age, sex, gender identity, disability or medical condition, ethnicity, race, religion, family status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by appropriate law.
How do I apply?
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to MerlinVet-cel’s Company Secretary, Chris Bainton, by 23:59 on Friday 2nd June: